Hard water is water that is overly rich with minerals like calcium and magnesium. It is a fairly common problem for home or business owners and its effects can be seen and felt in almost every aspect of your life where water is involved. If you have hard water in your home or business, you are likely experiencing:
- Red tinged water
- Hard deposits on and around fixtures
- Rings around tubs
- Spots on glass shower doors
- Dingy clothing
- Dry or itchy skin after bathing
- No lather when using soap or shampoo
- Foul smelling water
- Deposits in clothes and dish washers
- Reduced water pressure from shower heads
How to Solve Hard Water Problems
The most common solution to hard water issues is installing a water softener in your home. The minerals in hard water can wreak havoc on your plumbing and also damage your appliances and fixtures if the problem is not handled promptly and correctly. A water softener will actually remove the ions from calcium and magnesium minerals in your water by replacing them with the sodium, using salt.
Water Softening Options
To combat your hard water woes, you have a few options:
- Water filtration: Water filtration can make the water you drink and use for cooking taste better and will remove some of the calcium and magnesium from your water. However, if you have extremely hard water with very high calcium and magnesium levels, water filtration will not make a large impact.
- Salt based water softener: Salt-based water softeners are superb for most home needs though they do require maintenance.
- Descaling: Descalers not only soften the water that comes into your home, but also address the buildup of mineral deposits; these are often advertised as salt-free water softeners.
No matter how hard water affects your life, our water softening experts are here to help you decide on the best option for you.
Benefits of Water Softeners
Water softening can and will reduce the mineral levels in your water that make it hard. When your hard water becomes soft once again, you will begin to notice many benefits:
- Cleaner clothing
- Better tasting water
- Increased appliance performance
- Cleaner dishes
- Increased water pressure
- Cleaner feeling skin and hair
Dont live another day with hard water. Call the water softening experts today and enjoy clean, healthy water again!